Monday, November 19, 2012

Making Your Own Gift Cards, Whimsical Gift Wrapping, Grain Sack Dog Beds, and My Talented Niece


Hello!
I hope you are all enjoying your day!

I was able to work on a few product pictures this weekend, I will be listing a lot of vintage french farmhouse finds over the next couple of days........
My sister Liz Lazaro designed the grain sack topiary tree cover last year, we will be selling the grain sack covers as part of  our French Farmhouse Christmas Collection ...... The collection will be available November 26th.
We will also be hosting our giveaway on the 26th as well....
We had hoped to have our items ready sooner, unfortunately we were unable to do so, we are sorry for the delay.....

I wanted to share a sampling of vintage French Farmhouse items that will be listed in the shop over the next couple of days.....

Vintage Ironstone Plates.....


Vintage French Baskets.....


Grain Sack Runners......


************************************************


I also wanted to share an easy way to make your own gift tags for the holidays....
If you follow me on instagram or facebook than you have already seen our gift tags.....
Lately I have been trying to make use of all the photos I take....
I have been printing my own cards and tags....
I will be carrying a few different styles of these gift tags in my shop for the holidays, I also thought it would be fun
to share how to make your own as well.....
I am always looking for unique gift tags to use during the holidays....
I guess the one way to make your gift tag unique is by using one of your own images : )


I thought it would be fun to have a set of gift tags that featured different styles of wreaths that I have photographed over the years....
Like a traditional green wreath along with this anthropologie wreath that I photographed with our grain sack ribbon (also part of our French Farmhouse Christmas Collection).....


What you will need....
 cutting mat
 rotary cutter
straight edge
card stock
hole puncher
To and From stamp
red ink pad
a printer
I like to use a heavy weight card stock that is made for inkjet printers....


I set my printer so that it will print 16 images on one page....
Cut out your images, stamp the back of them, and loop
the twine through and then you will have a unique gift tag....




I also wanted to share some fun whimsical gift wrapping materials with you as well.....

 

My daughter Bethany has been crocheting garland.......
We will be using this to tie around gifts....
We also have a few other ideas that we would like to do with her garland....
 Bethany's handmade garland will also be apart of our French Farmhouse Christmas collection : ).....


It reminds me of when I was a kid and we would tie ribbon like this at the end of our braids.....


I also love Anthropologies' wrapping paper.....
Handmade paper with pompoms......

*******************************************************

I wanted to share a quick update on our dog beds....


The forms that come with our dog beds are made from 100% premium polyester fiber fill 
and are made in the U.S.A.  
The grain sack covers and forms are both machine washable.
We do however recommend that you line the grain sack covers, so that they will last longer.....
We hope you and your pets will love the dog beds as much as we do : )

***********************************************


This week I will be sharing some Thanksgiving decorating ideas.....
Filling a vintage french tian bowl with apple votives is
 a fun way to make your home 
feel festive during the Holidays...

*******************************************


On a final note.....
I had to share an image my talented 16 year old niece, Bernadette recently shot of her friend Rosie.....
Bernadette is in the above image on the left and her friend Rosie is on the right.....
These two beautiful girls make quite the team.....


I LOVE this image Bernadette shot of Rosie....
I can't wait to share more of Bernadette's work with you in the future.....

Have a great week!
Take Care,
Maria 

22 comments:

Irene b said...

I was waiting for this post since the first time I saw the photo on fb! I loved it!

Thank you!
baci da Firenze

Irene

Kate Harvey said...

I love these gift tags so much. Very clever! So glad you shared!

Kate
Something Ivory

paige said...

we're having a busy sorta stressful morning around here today but can i just tell you how much i enjoyed the moments of beauty found here...
xoxo

ps--LOVE the dogbeds. oh my!!!!

Rambling Mom said...

This is my first visit to your blog - the images are beautiful, and I'll be sure to come back. I recently made some gift tags using scrapbook paper and rubber stamps, but your photography idea is great and original.

I hope you'll visit my blog too.

Shannon said...

everything looks amazing Maria! I've been waiting for some fun new items to purchase, the Christmas line looks lovely. You are so creative and it sure looks like it runs in the family ;)

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Everything is beautiful....and I like the idea of the gift tags and love the wreath. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Ivy said...

Great ideas, those dog beds are adorable. Bernadette is very talented!

Ivy
http://eviestearoom.blogspot.com/

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...



I am your newest follwer of your blog...and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !!! YoU are so talented !!! I am a new blogger myself... Check mine out if you can and join... I would love to have you. I loved everyrhing on your page.. I wanted a love button on here so i could push love that and that and so on ... .Beautiful images ... Have a blessed thanksgiving and I hope my tags will turn out half as good as yours ..............

Pura Vida said...

so much inspiration to create!!

michele said...

oh maria, these gift tags are divine, and i love what you have done. so much inspiration to devour this morning.

pop by and go shopping with me in paris, oui?

smiles to you.

michele

Geli said...

Hello Maria! It' s so nice to hear from you again! The dog bed is really a dream! And the last photo is perfect! I love it! Best wishes and a wonderful thanksgiving for you and your family! Geli

Tina said...

Christmas tags are adorable! All looks beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful pictures! I saw you in better homes and gardens! Congratulations! How cool is that?Have a great week!
Brooke
onprairiehill.blogspot.com

Elma said...

Oh the dog bed is amazing!! What issue of better homes and garden??

Heaven's Walk said...

Lovely as usual, Maria! :) I adore the idea of homemade gift tags, and your dog beds are oh so sweet and unique!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, girlie!

xoxo laurie

Laura Venosa Verbena said...

Always enjoy my visit here. Love all you do. Have a happy Holuday!

Carole said...

I have a soft spot for bakers twine, but am having a difficult time finding a thicker variety. I can buy it locally, but only in 3' lengths and at quite a hefty price. I can't seem to find spools of it anywhere. What your selling looks fairly thick?

Lovely photographs. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your white confit9pottery bowl). Where did you find it? Where do you purchase craft suppies? Love the white paper hole punch!!

Kerry @ Made For Real said...

Loving that wreath! Wishing i could afford it - maybe a home project in the near future :) and Those tags would be so fun. Couldn't find tags at your shop (?)

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

This post was the most beautiful eye candy ever and I enjoyed every savory moment of it. Can't wait to see December and Christmas!

hollister milano said...

welcome to our shop,Our shop sells a brands of products.There have hollister milano,<
ralph Lauren Outlet, ralph Lauren Polo,
Abercrombie Milano, Ralph Lauren Danmark, ugg online.

ali naqvi said...

Marvelous work..!!! its really appreciating...Printed gift cards